Send me more jobs like this

DB2 PureScale DBA Admin

Keywords / Skills : DBA Administrator

3 - 8 years
Posted: 2019-03-11

Industry
IT/Computers - Hardware
Function
IT
Role
Software Engineer/ Programmer
Posted On
11th Mar 2019
Job Description
DB2 PureScale DBA Admin

Exp – 3-8 years

Location- Hyderabad

Essential Functions:

Attends team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, work tasks, and issues

Provides primary on-call support on a rotational basis.

Completes specific team task activities as outlined in the project work plan and other job-related duties as assigned

Maintains close coordination with the Analysts at various geo locations with respect to the status of tickets, issues etc.

Creates and maintains regular status reports and provides verbal and written status to Project Managers, as required

Around 60% of the analyst’s time will be spent on solving break-fix issues. The other 40% will be dedicated to Optimization and Enhancement requests.

Expected to be onsite Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hours may exceed 40 hours per week depending on project needs.

Present and discuss work results clearly with senior team members

Prepare comprehensive documentation according to project methodology

Experience in supporting large RDBMS systems

Strong working knowledge of the Linux environment

Strong working knowledge of DB2 LUW version 10 and above

Support DB2 in a PureScale environment

Be responsible for the integrity of Production, Test and QA database environments

Experience managing and tuning static SQL and dynamic SQL environments

Build – Will build programs/scripts independently without minimal or no handholding. Also should be able to guide the junior members of the team technically. Will also perform code and design reviews.

Communication – Will be responsible for at least one module and will work with the Technical Lead/Project Manager for status reporting and client communication.

Deployment Activities – Will work with Release manager/Technical Leads to work towards planning for project/product deployment and will also involve in all the activities around deployment.

Value Add – Should be able to think laterally and see optimization/Improvement opportunities in the code and suggest improvements to Leads/managers.

Post Deployment Activities – Will work on Incidents/Problems reported and also perform RCA for issues.

Deliverables – Will be involved in documenting and maintaining the correct version of various deliverables such as Code/BRDs/Design Docs/test plans and Scripts/Deployment Plan etc.
Thanks & Regards,

Abhilash G

Consultant- Recruitment

+91 40 3917 9084

[HIDDEN TEXT]

Magna Infotech (A Division of Quess Corp Limited)

www.magna.in

LinkedIn │ Facebook │ Blog

Key Skill(s)

About Company

Magna Infotech
Similar Jobs
View All Similar Jobs
Walkin for you