• Documents and communicates database design.
• Evaluates and installs database management systems.
• Codes complex programs and derives logical processes on technical platforms.
• Builds windows, screens and reports. Assists in the design of user interface and business application prototypes.
• Participates in quality assurance and develops test application code in client server environment.
• Provides expertise in devising, negotiating and defending the tables and fields provided in the database.
• Adapts business requirements, developed by modelling /development staff and systems engineers, and develops the data, database specifications, and table and element attributes for an application.
• May help develop an understanding of client's original data and storage mechanisms.
• Determines appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organization.
• Determines how tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables for a relational model.
• May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions. May include company-wide, web-enabled solutions.
• Develop and execute unit test cases. Support of production systems.
• May be heavily involved in design and execution of reports and report development.
• ColdFusion & Dot Net Knowledge is desirable.
KEY WORK AREA
• Customer Data Integration (CDI)/Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) with very large data volumes
• Working with business analysts, leads, and other technical/non-technical folks on business requirements
Experience servicing ad hoc and scheduled requests
• Work prioritization, planning, and sense of urgency Oracle SQL, procedures, functions, triggers, etc.
• Coding and unit testing modules
• Executing system, integration, and regression tests
• Defining and executing data validation routines
• Supporting applications and performing production data loads with change impact process awareness
Analytical and problem solving skills.