Description of Responsibilities:
You would be required to undertake the end-to-end planning, design, and development of SQL database modules and perform reviews, prevent and resolve technical issues with respect to database design, programming & optimisation.
• Prepare database design specification and planning.
• Develop database.
• Review and evaluates database performances.
• Proven experience in developing very high performance, scalable, and resilient applications.
• Metadata management and repository usage - Must collect, store, manage and enable the ability to query the organization's metadata.
• Ability to understand and analyse existing data modules.
• Ensuring data integrity - Must be able to design databases & to deploy multiple types of database integrity including entity integrity, referential integrity, check constraints, and database triggers. Furthermore, the candidate must ensure the structural integrity of the database.
• Good understanding of software development process & the best practices in technology as well as software development.
• Performance management and tuning - To proactively monitor the database environment and to make changes to data structures, SQL, application logic or the DBMS subsystem to optimize performance.
• SQL code reviews and walkthroughs. Must possess in-depth SQL knowledge so they can understand and review SQL and host language programs and to recommend changes for optimization.
• Should possess good knowledge of other databases like PostgreSQL, SQLite etc.
• Procedural skills. Modern databases manage more than mere data. Candidate must possess procedural skills to help design, debug, implement, and maintain stored procedures, triggers, and user-defined functions.
• Experience in Cloud and multi-tenancy models.
• Should have good knowledge on Azure.
• Candidates must have Masters in Computers qualifications (MCA, M. Sc. etc) with hands on experience and in depth knowledge of MySQL Programming and Database Management.
(BE, B.Tech with higher experience will be considered).
Candidates must be Microsoft Certified Professional with current Microsoft certifications.
Experience: 5 to 7 years