- Conduct analysis on large telecom data sets to derive compelling insights on a range of topics relevant to STC activity and at times to STC portfolio companies (eg. insights on consumer behaviours, customer journey pain points, investment sector focus and resulting clusters of interconnected sectors, etc.)
- Conduct end-to-end analysis including: data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis and ongoing deliverables and presentations.
- Process large amounts of data from multiple sources and extract relevant insights.
- Research new ways of modeling data for actionable insights and processes improvement.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, economics, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering).
- At least five years of relevant work experience in data analysis
- Experience with conducting data analysis across datasets, using data-based query system, spreadsheet and statistical modeling software (e.g., SQL, Hadoop, SAS, and/or Python)
-Strong front-end/visualization/back-end programming experience
- Masters or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with advanced statistical methods (e.g., machine learning algorithms, predictive modeling, cluster analysis, time series modeling).
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Experience with telecommunications dataset