Directs effective quality operations to maximize return on investment and community reputation. Increases revenues and income before inter-company allocations, maintains or decreases the effective bad debt rate, achieves the margin percentage, and implements operating cost controls in the areas of staffing, supplies, purchased services, etc.
• Develops and provides quality programs and service to the community. Manages and implements programs to ensure all employees are committed to quality and service.
• Manages and develops employees. Through appropriate management practices, creates a hospital climate to motivate employees to highest performance. Establishes direction, coaches employees, provides feedback, and builds commitment.
• Five years of hospital experience with a minimum of two to three years as a senior level manager is required.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in Business, Health Administration or other closely related field.
• Must be organized and be able to manage multiple diverse departments.
• Must be detail oriented, focus on nuances of multiple hospital operations, and be able to manage communication with employees and vendors.
• Must be able to motivate, inspire, and communicate with individuals and groups.
• Knowledge of the financial implications of decisions including budgeting and forecasting is required.
As a member of the senior management team, the COO will actively participate in strategic, operational, and financial decision-making.
The COO will work closely with the CEO in all aspects of hospital management, site coordination, and organizational integration activities to ensure achievement of adopted goals and strategies.
The COO will have an active role in establishing systems and organizational structure to support the overall vision and strategic direction of the organization as well as assessing and identifying operational strategies, performance metrics, and financial opportunities to execute on behalf the company.