Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,350 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud.Our Team
We’re the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers. We make our customers successful on Informatica products. Our success is due to the knowledge that we can confidently stand behind every product we offer as well as the unlimited potential for personal and professional growth that a position in consulting helps us.Your Opportunity
As a Professional Services Consultant, you will provide product expertise and data management knowledge to provide solutions using Informatica products for our customers. The consultant will work closely with the various integrated internal Informatica teams, other Informatica consultants, customer/partner resources, Global Customer Support and Product Management to ensure customer’s success and satisfaction with our products and services and contribute to their long-term loyalty.
This position requires a skilled consultant with knowledge of Informatica Big Data Management(BDM), PC (Power Center) and IDQ (Informatica Data Quality) administration and support activities, RDBMS and/or Java experience. The successful candidate will drive the Informatica Data Integration initiatives. Working either independently, with or within a team, you will have the opportunity to work at the frontlines of a rapidly growing business. This position offers unlimited potential for personal and professional growth.Our Ideal Candidate
You are a technology-savvy IT professional who strives for excellence and is known as a trusted advisor to the customer. You possess superb communication and customer-relationship skills – responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy – and are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively. You’re advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges. Applying your superior business acumen and resource management skills you meet deadlines, drive your peer team to meet their goals and set the example for good work procedures.
Consultants possess a strong knowledge of relational database management systems (RDBMS), relational database design and Java and SQL programming. Associate Consultants will have a solid working knowledge of Unix/Linux and/or NT platforms. Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively. Have advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allows to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges. Last, but not least, have a demonstrated commitment to continuous learning in pursuit of career goals. In addition to the attributes mentioned, will also be able to:
- Adapt to customer’s work culture and establish an excellent working relationship with them
- Travel, both within India and overseas
- Work during overlapping hours as per project needs
- Demonstrate a strong desire to grow both technically and as a trusted advisor to the customer
Requirements & Qualifications
- Deliver Data management solutions using one or more Informatica products such as Big Data Management, Big Data Quality, Enterprise Data Catalog etc.
- Contribute to team solution implementation
- Communicate project status to customer/project lead
- Ensure that features of the solution are correctly and consistently implemented
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Apply Informatica’s Velocity Methodology and Best Practices
- Author and publish knowledgebase articles
- Provide regular reports to communicate customer environment status, both internally and externally
Additional skills preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or MCA
- 3+ years of working experience in either or combination of Informatica BDM and/or Power Center
- Good exposure to Informatica Big Data Management or Powercenter development or other ETL solution framework.
- Familiarity with common Hadoop security technologies including Kerberos, Active Directory, Sentry, Ranger and other protocols
- Excellent grasp of relational database management theory and practice. Expert-level database skills in at least one major RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, Teradata)
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills are essential
- Hands-on experience and intermediate scripting skills in Operating Systems (Windows, Unix and Linux)
- Experience in working on cloud environments as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience in Linux/ Red Hat environment and shell script programming
- Expert-level database skills in Oracle or new generation data management software such as Teradata, Greenplum, Redshift, etc.
- Administration skills in Hadoop ecosystems such as Cloudera, Hortonworks or MapR