Role Title : Business Analyst
Role Purpose(overall high-level summary of the role):
GCD Business Analysts are at the center of how GCD shapes, delivers and embeds change working with the business and our delivery partners. They are typically responsible for Requirements Management, Design, Change Management, and Implementation Management. Business Analysts work collaboratively with delivery partners and subject matter experts in gathering, translating and clarifying requirements and defining design options. In systems related projects and programmes, the role holder will support Software Delivery and IT Operations with the translation of business requirements and designs into more detailed functional requirements and designs, often representing the voice of the customer and business in these discussions.
The Business Analyst's Change Management activities span from early change planning and audience analysis; through to designing and delivering change interventions (e.g. communications, training, support, organization alignment); and tracking and taking actions on change readiness, adoption, and feedback.
Business Analysts are also responsible for Implementation Management, including planning, controlling and reporting on implementation of the change - product-, focusing on accelerating benefits and minimizing risk during deployment. Implementation activities will also include managing implementation readiness and managing the early stages of implementation (e.g. pilot).In re-engineering projects, they work closely with the Process Consultants in analyzing and re-engineering world-class business processes.
Business Analysts will often lead design workstreams or teams, managing otherGCD Analysts, SMEs, and resources from our delivery partners.
Key activities and decision-making areas :
- Value Creation actively and constructively in brainstorming meetings where problems are discussed and/or resolved and solve its and obstacles of potential solutions before implementing to help drive strategically aligned solutions, considering aspects of risk/reward.
- Effectively scale business decisions that do not demonstrate alignment to the Group's commercial strategy quickly; handles any unforeseen roadblocks swiftly and manages review processes to identify quality issues early
- Builds effective working relationships with analysis and design teams in our delivery partners and works well with external partners
- Often acts as an expert across multiple projects or programmes simultaneously, guiding the teams on their requirements gathering, design, change or implementation approach. May conductone off business research and analysis tasks related to programme or project scope.
- Defines requirements management processes and designs detailed business solutionsand structures based on business requirements; challenges business intent in a constructive manner
- Identifies areas of impact on the target operating model and designs activities to mitigate impact Manages requirements traceability through design and delivery
- Utilizes financial skills to develop a high-level business case, considering investment and high-level benefits Manages the change implementation activities, including business readiness assessment (i.e. avoiding multiple change clashes), implementation pilot (including approach and checklists) and actual implementation (including reporting status and issues)
- Manages the change audience through the commitment curve with communications, training and development Supports re-engineering of processes, where the process is one of the many parts of the change, and provides detailed guidance on process design (considering risk, end-to-end and cost)
- Supports the programme management with impact assessment for change requests on design, scope, time, budget or effort on programme plan and provides accurate estimates for handling new requirements, design changes, and scope
- Supports project or programme resourcing activities
- Allocates tasks and objectives to other analystson a project or programme
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of theroleholder's abilities):
- Content heavy role - Business Analysts must demonstrate strong business knowledge and sound business sense, and stay abreast of the industry, business-wise and technology-wise.
- Stakeholder complexity - Business Analysts will often need to gather requirements and agree with designs across business stakeholders, dealing with different interests and resolving disagreements and conflicts, and sometimes needing to challenge poor requirements and design decisions. They will often attend and lead these meetings or workshops with no GCD supervision.
- Multi-disciplinary - Business Analysts need to be able to shape business requirements and solution designs that encompass all aspects of the delivery (customer, people, process, policy, technology -system, data, infrastructure, etc). Often Business Analysts will work across multiple projects at the same time.
Role Context(The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority):
- The vision statement for Change Delivery is - To be the businesses- primary change partner, support the implementation of the Group Strategy and make change a source of sustainable competitiveadvantage
- The job is a major point of contact with the business and IT. The jobholder works independently and has a high level of flexibility to consult with the business at all levels. They will need to have the ability to work closely with and build good relationships with Software Delivery, IT Operations, Service Delivery, and with other delivery partners and Global Functions. The job holder is expected to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously, taking a lead analyst role in larger projects, directing all analyst activity.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements) :
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks and likelihood of operational risk occurring. This will be achieved by reviewing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing global economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new processes. Effective and timely remedial action should be evidenced. Group Programmes and regional/local programmes/projects must be managed in accordance with the Group Controls Framework and with relevant FIMs.Solutions must comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements -alL be it that inherent in the role is the requirement to challenge our interpretation of these requirements to ensure that we take a commercial approach to their implementation.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy /FIM requirements) :
- The jobholder will adopt the Group Compliance Policy by escalating any identified compliance risk in liaison with, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term - compliance- embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- Business Analysts adhere to the Groups standard tools and methodologies: GCD Business Consulting Framework
- GCD Process Reengineering Framework GCD Initiation Framework
- GCD C&I Framework
- GCD Project Management Framework GCD Programme Management Framework Group Standard Business Case
- GCD tools like Clarity Desired Candidate Profile
Knowledge& Experience / Qualifications (For the role- not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
- Good understanding of Global Change Delivery Business Transformation Frame works and best practice techniques
- A thorough understanding of the purpose, values, culture, and fundamentals of Global Change Delivery
- Outstanding understanding of Group structures, processes, and objectives
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitors etc.
Basic Business reengineering knowledge :
- Business analysis, requirements gathering, and design techniques Change management and implementation management techniques and approaches
- Proven track record as an outstanding analyst, consultant and/or project manager
- Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
- Extensive experience gathering requirements and conducting design activity, with a mix of business, operations, and technology focused projects
- Exposure to business case development and a sound understanding of how design enablers underpin business benefits
- Strong experience of delivering change into different audiences and managing implementation in banking environments (branch, contact center, trading floor, operations, head office etc).
- Effective communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills Excellent decision making and problem-solving ability
- Sound judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems Experience of managing resources using appropriate communication, delegation, and planning skills
- Ability to motivate and lead people, employing appropriate management styles
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
- Business Analysis & Design Achieving Excellence Delivery at Pace
- Impactful communication
- Business Case and Benefits Realisation Change and Implementation Management Planning and Plan Management Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking Collaboration
- Process Re-engineering Resource and Team Management Consultancy
Qualifications and Accreditations :
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Expected to work towards a qualification
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Degree in Business Information Systems or a related field - Differentiator
- Degree in business administration/ management/economics, engineering and science - Differentiator