Purpose - Why does this role exist?
Candidate would be responsible for developing and supporting solutions for the Big Data Analytics applications across the Group (comprising businesses like Steel, Energy, Cement, and Infrastructure & Ports.
Key Result Areas (Key Performance Indicators)
1. Collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing data with high volume, velocity, variety and veracity
2. Requirement Gathering, designing , development of scalable Big Data Solution with Hadoop
3. Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabiltiy
4. Assisting in Analytics Transformation assignments
KRAs and Key Activities
1. Experience with Hadoop development and administration
2. Experience in Big Data application development involving various data processing techniques Data Ingestion, In-Stream data processing, Batch Analytics
3. Proven hands on experience with Hadoop stack (HDFS, Map Reduce, Spark)
4. Good knowledge of Big Data quering tools, such as Pig, Hive and Impala
5. Experience on JAVA technology.
Educational Background and Work Experience
BE, B Tech (CS/IT) and MBA / Diploma in Analytics.
1. Functional Expertise
2. Execution Excellence
3. Team Work
4. Strong Communication Skills