Reporting to the International Benefits Director, as Benefits Manager
for India and the APJ region, the person will be responsible for overseeing and managing the administration of benefits, including all core benefits, leave programs, perks and corporate wellness. Work location would be Bangalore.
In the role, the person must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. The candidate is expected to have strong communication, collaboration and leadership skills.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EXPECTATIONS FROM THE CANDIDATE
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with global HR leaders, HR Business Partners, finance partners, and other internal teams who support global benefits in offices outside of the U.S.
- Actively manage broker relationships and partner with them to continually review plan design for effectiveness, compliance, and consistency with market trends.
- Work closely with brokers in the region to conduct benchmarking analysis and identify enhancement opportunities based on industry trends to ensure that plans are market competitive and compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Analyze and evaluate existing benefit plan provisions, track new developments in the benefits field and recommend program changes.
- Drive premium renewal negotiations, in conjunction with area HRBPs; work with the broker .
- Act as primary contact in the region for HR Business Partners and other internal partners for escalated issues on benefits.
- Lead Wellness projects for the region, in support of the corporate wellness initiatives
- Proactively develop, update, and coordinate distribution of employee benefits communications
- Consistently ensure plan compliance and governance
- Working with HR teams at all locations across India & APJ to ensure data quality, accuracy and availability as per organizational needs.
- Training and supporting the HR organization with regards to the Benefit programs and practices.
- Participate in market and salary surveys as required.
- Participate in due diligence during the mergers and acquisitions process as required
- Provide support to the team and Benefits Director in the administration and management of Benefits in other regions, as needed
- Will report directly to International Benefits Director
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams and departments on multiple projects.
- Must be aware of changes/updates in the technical area of expertise.
- Proven organizational and project management skills.
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual.
- Strong financial skills and attention to detail.
- High level of interpersonal skills with empathy for fellow colleagues and strong team player approach.
- Willingness to embrace new challenges and help drive success
- Must be an effective communicator with outstanding customer service skills.
- 8-10 years of experience in Benefits functions.
- 2+ Years at Manager level.
- Bachelor's Degree/Master’s degree (Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Investments or Human Resources preferred)