This is a truly an exciting time to join Product & Technology (P&T) team at Monster. Monster is rebuilding on its global leadership position, is investing in game-changing innovative technologies and creating a world-class global organization.
We believe in the strategy of "think local, act global," whereby employees are not only encouraged to build new and innovative products based on the opportunities that each market presents, but to represent the brand in a unified voice and manner with the global brand. P&T Team provides you the working environment that ensures personal as well as professional growth with immense opportunity to show talent at individual as well as team level thru structured R&R programs.
The position holder requires hands on software development experience in a dynamic environment and demonstrated experience in building skills on the go while delivering on multiple projects. The incumbent must have been exposed to agile methodology with a strong desire to learn new technologies as per the business need.
The one who enjoy being part of the team that’s on the driving seat and contribute in most dynamic business environment will find this role very satisfying.
-Develop and robust, scalable, high-traffic search platforms used by millions of users world-wide
-Comprehending the big picture business need
-Understanding and analyzing ng project requirements and translating it into specifications and programming deliverables
-Working closely with the Lead to enhance existing applications as well as build new applications.
-Maintaining the systems and updating as per requirements
-Learn new technologies along with delivering on projects
-Update productivity measurement / Projects tools (JIRA) implemented by the management from time to time
-Maintain documentation for effective KT as part of learning culture
-Work in a cross functional team towards meeting common objective
-Use reporting tools, key performance indicators and other measurement vehicles for demonstrating self-effectiveness
-Go through the periodic assessments conducted by the Management thru appointed assessing Manager and act on the feedback shared
1. 1 -6 years of overall software development experience. An exposure to Product environment would be an added advantage.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Formal qualification / certification in software development domain will be an added advantage
3. A software engineer works in a variety of programming languages, such as Python Java, etc.
4. Hands on experience on SOLR with Query parser, Full text search and indexing with relevancy, performance tuning, facet, scoring.
5. Proven exposure to and Machine Learning, NLP, and Data Mining(Named entity recognition, Text classification, word embedding)
6. Hands on experience on Java/Python
7. Good working knowledge on databases like MySQL
8. Proven expertise on Dataware house/Analytics tools like Hadoop, R, Hive, Spark, Cassandra etc.,
9. Good understanding of coding language
10. Strong analytical and numerical skills
11. Good communication skills
Soft Skills Requirements:
Communication - Communicating effectively in writing and verbally as appropriate for the needs of the project team.
Interpersonal relationship – Building strong working relationships, gaining credibility and partnering with all the stakeholders
Problem Solving – Proactive approach and an ability to anticipate problems. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or conclusions.
Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying and their point of view, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others
Coordination -- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Contra Indicators (Characteristics that will be counterproductive for the success in this role):
-Expectations of working on the same technology that you already know
-Strong belief that self-study does not work
-Strong belief that "more the merry" when it comes to timelines provided