Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, offering English editing and other services to researchers and organizations worldwide. Our team of freelance and in-house editors edits and reviews cutting-edge research manuscripts so that they meet international standards of academic and scientific English. CACTUS is ranked one of the top 20 companies to work for in India
We are looking for an editor for our Life Science & Medicine team.
In this role at CACTUS, you will
1. Perform deadline-driven quality assurance checks on manuscripts edited by freelancers to review if:
a) poorly worded sentences have been edited for better readability and clarity
b) client instructions and subject-specific conventions are followed
2. Handle manuscripts on topics ranging programming and algorithms to climate science, nuclear chemistry, and astrophysics
3. Interact with talented freelance editors from around the world and provide feedback on their editing assignments
4. Understand our clients and academic publishing industry requirements.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Essential skills and expertise
- A Bachelors/Masters/PhD egree in pharmaceutical sciences
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
- Fresh graduates are also welcome to apply.