Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, offering English editing and other services to researchers and organizations worldwide. Our team of freelance and in-house editors edits and reviews cutting-edge research manuscripts such that they meet international standards of academic and scientific English.
We are looking for an Associate Editor who will:
a. Perform deadline-driven quality assurance checks on manuscripts edited by freelancers to review if
(1) Poorly worded sentences have been edited for better readability and clarity
(2) Client instructions and subject-specific conventions are followed
b. Handle manuscripts on topics in the field of Biotechnology or Biochemistry.
c. Interact with talented freelance editors from around the world and proactively provide feedback on their editing assignments.
d. Understand client and industry requirements and adapt your working approach accordingly.
A little about career prospects:
In this short video, one of our Cactizens talks about how she joined CACTUS right after college and how she grew from editor to Associate Vice President in just 6 years. youtube.com/watch?v=I0V-r3SNSUE
Desired Candidate Profile
- A PhD/Masters/Bachelors degree in any of the Biotechnology or Biochemistry.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- Someone with a passion for research and a strong grasp of current academic/industry trends as well as written conventions in this field and its subfields.
- Familiarity with creating and formatting manuscripts in MS Word, PDF, and LaTeX