Electrical Engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with the study of the application of various kinds of technology and electronics, electricity, electrical control systems, and electromagnetism. The job of an electrical engineer requires you to design, supervise, and test the manufacture of several types of electrical equipment, such as electric motors, communication and navigation systems, and more such related things. It’s a profession with increasing demand.
The first step to pursue a career in electrical engineering is to craft an electrical engineer resume that catches the eye of the hirers and shows them how you can add value to their organization by bringing in profits. Crafting an electrical engineer resume can be challenging and complicated because electrical engineering is extensive.
Don’t worry. We have a list of sample electrical engineering resume examples to assist you in creating your resume, along with various writing tips so that you don’t make silly mistakes.
What to include in your electrical engineer resume?
A resume is as important in the process of a job application as the interview. The resume that you tailor for the job must be uncomplicated and to the point. It should show the recruiters how you will add value to their organization and help them gain profits. Even though the recruiters look at your resume for 30 seconds maximum, you need to make sure that in those 30 seconds, the recruiter gets to know the main things that will get you the job.
You should include the following sections in your resume.
- Resume objective or Resume summary – Go with a resume summary if you are an experienced electrical engineer and have expertise in the area. If you are a fresher, go with a resume objective. While creating your resume, make sure to keep the resume objective brief and concise. Don’t mention what you want out of a job; instead, say what you can offer your recruiter or the company. Create such a resume objective that the recruiter will want to read the rest of your resume. Writing a short yet-to-the-point resume will ensure that your resume doesn’t end up in the NO pile.
- Work experience – The next section of the resume will be your professional work experiences as an electrical engineer. Write your work experiences in a reverse-chronological format. A reverse-chronological format consists of your job experiences listed from the most recent one followed by your previous ones. Remember to list only relevant duties in your resume. Mention your key achievements in this section as well. If you are a fresher and inexperienced, provide information about your educational qualifications. Apart from your educational background, you can even mention any internship that you’ve been a part of, any part-time job, freelance work, or volunteering. This can count as work experience in the case of a fresher.
- Education – After listing your work experiences, write about your educational qualifications. Mention the type of your degree, your majors or minors, the date when you graduated, and the name of the institute that you graduated from. You can even include your academic achievements and extracurricular activities in your electrical engineer resume. If you are a fresher, the education will be the most important section in your resume. In that case, you can add additional information about your educational qualifications as well.
- Skills – Add your relevant skills to the resume. Mention your technical, hard, and soft skills on your electrical engineer resume. Some technical skills are –
- Circuit Designing
Some soft skills are –
- Decision Making
- Critical Thinking
- Contact Information – Add your full name, phone number, and email address to your resume. You can include your website or other social media accounts as well. However, that is optional. This contact information is included so that the recruiters have no problem in contacting you regarding the job.
- Additional sections – Now that you have included all necessary sections in your resume – Resume objective, work experience, education, skills, and contact information – you can add additional sections to your electrical engineer resume as well to take your resume to another level. Some additional sections that you can include in your resume if you have professional work experience are as follows –
- Conferences attended
- Trainings attended
- Awards received
Additional sections you can include in your resume if you are a fresher or a junior electrical engineer are –
- Volunteer works or Internships
- Freelance work
- Hobbies and Interests
Electrical Engineer Resume Examples
We have compiled some sample electrical engineer resume that will assist you in crafting your own resume. You can take ideas from these samples and implement them in your resume. However, tailor these according to your own job profile and mention the skills you possess.
Electrical Engineer Resume Example 1
Electrical Engineer Resume Example 2
Electrical Engineer Resume Example 3
Electrical Engineer Resume Example 4
Engineer Resume Samples
Now that we have had a look at samples of electrical engineer resumes, let’s give a look at samples of resumes of other fields of engineering. We have compiled 7 resume samples, each for various fields of engineering. They are as follows.
Chemical Engineer Resume Sample
Civil Engineer Resume Sample
Mechanical Engineer Resume Sample
Aerospace Engineer Resume Sample
Software Engineer Resume Sample
Data Engineer Resume Sample
Design Engineer Resume Sample
Writing Tips For Your Electrical Engineer Resume
Before you start crafting your resume, here are some writing tips for you to avoid silly mistakes in your electrical engineer resume and emphasize your strengths. These writing tips will assist you in making your resume eye-catching and will help you secure a job as an electrical engineer.
- Your electrical engineer resume must be packed with your professional work experiences and your skills – technical, hard as well as soft skills. These two sections are the most important in a resume as they give an insight to the recruiters on how you are as an employee.
- Use keywords from the electrical engineer job description, if they are applicable.
- Go with the format that places your most relevant information at the top, followed by other information.
- Limit your resume to 2 pages only. No more pages than that and your resume will end up in the NO pile. Resumes are meant to be brief. No recruiter will go through the effort of reading 4 long pages.
- Apart from your professional work experiences, your main focus should also be on your skills. Electrical engineers need to possess a wide variety of skills. Mention as many relevant skills as you can on your resume.
- Tailor your resume for different jobs. Refer to all the employer’s stated needs and then tailor it accordingly.
- Mention your goals in the field of engineering as well in your resume.
- Highlight your accomplishments and performances that resulted in the previous organization’s profits.
1. What key skills can be mentioned in an electrical engineer’s resume?
Knowledge of circuit design and operational skills
2. List some soft skills in an electrical engineer’s resume
Being a good communicator and having good problem solving skills
3.List some hard skills in an electrical engineer’s resume
Knowledge of technology and the software that has to be used
4.How long should your resume be?
It should be one page long
5.How should your resume start?
It should start with a summary or an objective statement