What Is An Administrative Officer?
The office is run by the management but it functions on the ground that is polished by an Administrative Officer.
An Administrative Officer is an employee who remains at the center of all the functions of an organization. There are no barriers to his or her activities. The scope can extend to the Human Resource Department or touch the horizons of the Finance Department.
All the employees contact the Administrative Officer for their queries. The Administrative Officer job covers the aspect of providing adequate support to every employee at all levels of the organization.
He or she is fully equipped with office management tools. A training session may be required to familiarize the administrative officer with the prevailing trend. Such sessions generally last only for a couple of days.
What Does An Administrative Officer Do?
It can simply be summarized by stating that an administrative officer takes care of the entire operations of the organization.
The overview of an administrative officer job includes managing different tasks of the company, preparing income-expense reports, supporting the clerical staff, scheduling meetings, making arrangements for all the official trips, and organizing different records.
The smooth functioning of the company relies on how well the administrative officer performs. It is his or her duty to ensure that employees have a seamless working experience.
Management looks into the overall budget of the company only after the administrative officer has submitted a report. The staff at every level looks up to the administrative officer for support in terms of supplies like cleaning material, printing papers, and basic stationery, to mention a few.
Also read: 5 Tips to Get an Admin Job in Singapore
Administrative Officer Job Duties Include:
It is only if the administrative officer job is performed to the best of its abilities, that the organization strives for a greener bottom line.
While the administrative officer job is often portrayed as a carefree job, it is one of the strong pillars of every organization. Here are some job duties of an administrative officer:
- Update outdated policies. The industry frequently goes through different phases, seeking companies to renew their policies with time.
- Manage office supplies, keep their records, and place the order for the next set. Employees would be unable to take a print if there is no paper. This may delay the filing of an important project.
- Scheduling the travels of employees is also a part of the administrative officer job. This includes arranging travel tickets and finding the best accommodation.
- Organize and execute all the events. The administrative officer may even be required to visit the location if the event is outside the company.
- Distribute the correspondence and store it if required. The filing skills of the administrative officer must be neat as correspondence can date back decades.
Job Description For Administrative Officer
There is no limit to what the administrative officer job covers. It can touch the mark of every horizon that exists in the company. An administrative officer is basically the central nerve that offers back support for the company to function for a longer duration.
The administration officer job brief, in general, covers the following:
- Display professional etiquette at all times. This applies especially when a client has come over for an important meeting.
- Demonstrate time management skills as many tasks are time-bound. For instance, filing the property tax every year before the due date or managing to book two connecting flights in a manner that there is no overlap.
- Oversee the staff at every level. This includes the cleaning staff and other maintenance staff. Review their requirements to ensure that the supplies are available.
- Type the documents and proofread them before submitting them. These documents may either be on behalf of the company or some other department of the company.
- Review the income and expenses of every department. This is crucial as the final report submitted by the administrative officer would be based on this review.
Administrative Officer Responsibilities :
The administrative officer job is responsible for the overall working of an organization. The responsibilities of an administrative officer vary depending on the sector in which he or she has been employed.
The general trend stated for every administrative officer job is as follows:
- Prepare all the important reports to define the budget. A report may be required to be prepared monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, or yearly.
- Assist the Human Resource department to post the job requirements. Coordinate the recruitment process till the time all the candidates have not boarded their respective position.
- Answer to all the queries raised by the employees.
- Book a venue for official meetings that include the visit of upper management from the head office.
- File the documents that may be required to be presented as an official record in the future.
Also Read: 50 DOT NET Interview Questions and Answers
Requirements For Administrative Officer
A candidate with the spirit of leading all the departments can apply for the administrative officer job.
Here is a list of all the requirements in detail:
- The candidate must know the business process. This is a huge plus as it means that the candidate is aware of how things operate in a company.
- He or she must have excellent communication skills. An administrative officer is required to connect with people from different backgrounds. Therefore, the candidate must be comfortable and confident while talking to others.
- Possess the relevant qualification. The Bachelor’s degree is a must but a Master’s degree is an advantage.
- A problem-solving attitude works in favor of the candidate. The administrative officer job comprises many activities that require a problem to be solved, often at zero cost.
- Having proven experience as an administrative officer will serve additional points. A proven experience implies that the candidate has practical experience in the job.
Average Salary For Administrative Officer
The salary for an administrative officer, or any other post for that matter, depends on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the candidate.
An average number, if required to be quoted, stands at ₹19,099/- per month. This is a base salary. The total salary includes additional benefits and reimbursement of expenses that have been incurred on behalf of the company.
|Sr. No.||City||Average Monthly Salary (₹)|
An administrative officer is as good as the number of skills he or she possesses. The higher number of skills signifies that the candidate is capable of taking care of all the major operations of the company.
Some of the important skills are:
- Capability to work independently as the only coworkers would be the team members obeying the instructions of the administrative officer.
- Attention to detail to ensure that there is no missing spot in every task. Candidates cannot afford to miss arranging the projector for an official sales meet.
- Technological knowledge of the current version of software like Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate.
- Being able to solve all the problems.
Why Pursue A Career In Administrative Officer?
An administrative officer job is interesting for people who love to work in different dimensions. The administrative officer is not bound by a single department. He or she is responsible for the smooth functioning of every department of the organization.
The candidate gets a separate workspace to create a low-stress environment. The administrative officer job takes a toll only if the candidate is unable to multitask.
Many companies allow the administrative officer to work during flexible hours as they may not even be required to complete nine hours.
How To Become An Administrative Officer?
A candidate can become an administrative officer by completing his or her formal education. The higher degree must be earned from a recognized educational institute.
Gain some practical experience by working at the entry-level. Earn additional certificates that may apply to the administrative officer job position.
More Resources : Administrative Assistant Job Description and Salary | work from home jobs for women | Trivandrum company job vacancy | engineering student resume | mechanical engineer resume sample| Common Sales and Marketing Interview Questions | Common SQL Interview Questions and Answers