8 Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers to help you succeed in your next interview
Getting a Salesforce job interview call can be quite an achievement. It basically means that your resume has managed to impress your prospective employer. However, as with any other interviews, a Salesforce job interview not only tests your knowledge and skills but also analyses your problem-solving abilities and personality.
Here’s a list of the top 8 Salesforce job interview questions to help you prepare for your next interview.
1. Can you describe the types of relationships between objects that are recognized by Salesforce?
In Salesforce, we use relationships in order to establish links between two or more objects. Essentially, Salesforce recognizes three types of relationships, namely
• Master-Detail Relationship
• Lookup Relationship
• Junction Relationship
2. Can you explain the architecture design pattern followed by Salesforce?
Salesforce follows an MVC – Model, View, and Controller–based architecture.
Model – Model covers the database objects in Salesforce. It comprises of the standard Salesforce objects such as Leads, Contacts, Accounts, Opportunities, etc. However, it also supports any custom objects created as per the customer’s requirement.
View – This stands for user interface and represents the presentation of the data. Apps, Page Layouts, Tabs, Fields, and Record Types classes come under view.
Controller – This stands for Business Logic implemented in the controller. They are called the building blocks of the actual application logic. There are several pre-built controllers for many of the standard actions like Save, Edit, New, Cancel, and Delete.
3. Can you explain what is Field Bucket used for?
If you’re looking to categorise records without adding any extra data, a Field bucket comes handy.
4. Explain the concept of static resource in Salesforce?
5. Can you describe the various types of reports that are available in Salesforce?
There are four different types of reports available in Salesforce. They are as follows:
• Tabular report – used to display the grand total in a tabular form.
• Matrix report – allows to group records based upon both rows and columns.
• Summary reports – detailed reports which provide a listing of data based on groupings and subtotals.
• Joined report – allows two or more related reports to be joined as a single report.
6. Can you explain the minimum test coverage required for a trigger to deploy?
For a successful deployment of the code to production, one must ensure that at least 75 percent of the Apex code has been covered by unit tests. In addition, these tests need to be successfully completed as well.
You may also like: 10 Tips to stay focused in an Interview
6 Questions to ask at the end of your Job Interview
7. Can you delete a user in Salesforce?
User deletion is not possible in Salesforce. However, it is possible to deactivate the user records.
8. How many different types of tabs are available in Salesforce?
There are three different types of tabs available:
• Custom Tabs – which are created for an object.
• Web Tabs – which are created in order to display a website.
• Visualforce Tabs – which are created in order to display Visualforce page.
Besides the above-mentioned questions, here’s an additional list of 8 Salesforce job interview questions to further strengthen your interview preparation.
a. Explain the concept of “Data Skew” in Salesforce.
b. Describe what a Skinny Table is and explain the considerations for Skinny Table.
c. Please touch upon the various types of custom settings available in Salesforce.
d. Explain the difference between a Role and Profile in Salesforce.
e. Explain the different ways of code deployment in Salesforce.
f. Can you highlight the differences between S-Controls and Visualforce?
g. Explain the concept of Activities in Salesforce.
h. Can you point out the distinction between Trigger and Workflow?
While preparing for a Salesforce job interview, these questions are a step in the right direction. You still need to work hard if you’re looking to stand out from the pack. You need to consider that you will be pitted against numerous other candidates having the same amount of experience as well as an equivalent number of certifications. If you want to leave an indelible mark and excel in your interview, you need to find a way to rise above your competition.
Looking for Salesforce Jobs in top cities? Click at the links below:
• Salesforce Jobs in Gurgaon
• Salesforce Jobs in Mumbai
• Salesforce Jobs in Chennai
• Salesforce Jobs in Delhi
• Salesforce Jobs in Pune