The technical interview is a rigorous process that tests your problem-solving abilities along with a thorough knowledge of the software. While such interviews can make even experienced professionals anxious, things become a lot smoother if you are well prepared with the questions that are common and expected to be asked.
Here, we share with you ten most commonly asked python interview questions that can help you ace your interview.
1: What is Python? Can you tell us some benefits of using it?
Python is a programming language that is primarily used for web development. It is one of the most sought-after programming languages by developers all over the world. Here are some of the inherent benefits of Python:
• It can interact with a lot of platforms as well as languages.
• It is free to use, inclusive of uses for commercial purposes.
• It is extremely easy to learn. The constant support from users of Python from all over the world makes it really simple to help resolve queries, if any.
• Its object-oriented design greatly contributes towards the productivity and speed of the programming language.
2: Which statement is used when no action is required in the program except requiring syntactically?
The statement which should be used is “pass.” It is important that you use the same in the lowercase since statements in Python are case sensitive.
3: Is there a way to find any bugs in this programming language?
Well, in my previous experience of using Python, I have come to find out that there are two ways to do so:
• You can use Pylint which is used to find out if the programming language is up to the coding standard or not.
• Additionally, you can also use PyChecker, which easily identifies the bugs in the project apart from letting you know the complexity as well as style related bugs.
4: Please tell us the way by which Python handles Memory Management.
While working in the past using Python as a programming language, I understand that Python makes use of private heaps to manage and maintain its memory. Python utilizes a garbage collector that is built in and recovers all the memory that is unused, to pass it on to the heap space. The same can be accessed only by a Python interpreter.
5: What do you understand by a String in this programming language?
Essentially, a String is an arrangement of alphanumeric characters which cannot be muted. This means that once these characters are assigned a value, there can be no modifications done.
6: Enlist some of the most common limitations of Python.
• Incompatibility between Python 2.x and Python 3.x.
• Mobile apps cannot be built directly by Python.
• Third-party frameworks are required to be used alongside Python since it lacks certain features present in contemporary programming languages.
• Python requires additional testing to fix bugs that arise during runtime.
7: What do you understand by Function in Python?
It represents a block of code and allows the entity to become reusable.
8: Can you tell us about the kinds of functions that Python has?
Python has two basic function kinds, namely: user-defined and built-in.
9: What is the role of the Return keyword in Python?
It is used to send a value back to the caller while programming.
10: Tell us about Whitespace in the programming language.
The Whitespace is used to denote those characters that are used for separation as well as spacing.
Apart from the questions above, you can also have a look at the following questions to be completely prepared for your big day:
Tell us about Isalpha() in Python.
2. What is the role of the Join Method?
3. Which package is the speediest in this programming language?
4. What do you understand by a Tuple in Python?
5. What is the role of the dictionary in Python programming language?
6. What do you understand by Inheritance?
7. What does Composition mean according to you?
8. Tell us something about Python Iterators.
9. What do you mean by Python Generators?
10. What exactly is Python Enumerate all about?
Looking for Python Jobs in top cities? Click at the links below: