Here, we bring you the ten most common Perl Interview Questions that can help you succeed in your next interview.
1. Define Perl.
Perl is not an official acronym, but it stands for Practical Extraction and Reporting Language. It is a family of high-level programming languages constituting of Perl 5 and Perl 6.
2. Tell us about the feature that provides code reusability in Perl.
The inheritance feature of Perl provides code reusability. In this feature, the child class can use the property and methods of the parent class.
3. Cite the benefits of Perl.
Perl can be used to handle ecommerce transactions as well as encrypted web data. It is simple to use, and is, therefore, one of the most common programming languages. Its text manipulation abilities, as well as the rapid development cycle, make it a favorable program.
4. Tell us about the data types in Perl.
There are three types of data that Perl supports, namely scalars, hashes of scalars, and arrays of scalars.
5. How would you declare a variable?
Perl variables do not have to be expressly declared. In fact, such a declaration takes place automatically as soon as you assign a value to a variable.
You may also like:
6. What do you know about range operator?
The range operator is used to create sequential arrays in Perl.
7. What is the benefit of warnings in Perl?
Perl warnings are a basic way to figure out the quality of code that you have produced. While optional warnings indicate the probability of an anomaly, mandatory warnings signify problems at the lexical analysis level.
8. Tell us about the grep function.
The grep function assesses a block or an ‘expr’ for each element of the list. It adds the element to the sequence of returning values for every statement that is returned as true.
9. What is circular reference?
A circular reference takes place when two references have a reference to one another. While creating circular references, it is important to proceed carefully since a circular reference can also lead to memory leaks.
10. How would you define CPAN?
CPAN stands for Comprehensive Perl Archive Network. It is a collection of all the software as well as the documents relevant to Perl. Programmers can access them easily in order to avoid any difficulty while using the programming language.
Besides above questions, you can also study the following Perl Interview Questions before your interview.
• What are the disadvantages of Perl? • Explain the various arguments for Perl interpreter. • Tell us about the different types of Perl operators. • What is grooving and shortening of arrays? • What do you understand by prefix dereferencer? • Explain the Chomp function • How would you avid logic errors in Perl? • Tell us how polymorphism works in Perl by giving examples. • What are conditional structures and how do they function? • How would you put information in hashes in Perl?
Treat these questions as your comprehensive guide for clearing the interview. Focus on the concepts and ensure that you are well versed with the latest developments with respect to the Perl programming language.
Looking for Perl Jobs in top cities? Click at the links below:
• Perl Jobs in Bengaluru• Perl Jobs in Mumbai• Perl Jobs in Chennai• Perl Jobs in Hyderabad• Perl Jobs