You’re not alone if you’re juggling the demands of work and the rest of life. Research has shown that an imbalance between work and life can lead to stress, fatigue, increased expectations, and lost time with family and friends. Enter part time jobs, regular, contract-based jobs that do not need employees to check in at the office 24x7.
A part time job entails working a pre-agreed number of hours each day or each week. These jobs can be morning, afternoon, evening or night shifts. Part time jobs are ideal for people who can’t afford to take up full time employment either because of conditions at home (ageing parent, sick child, etc.) or because they want a healthy work-life balance.
Interested in such a job? We’ve put together a list of the best part time jobs for you:
1. HR Recruiter Many headhunting firms employ part-timers to meet the growing demand for talent. Jobs include taking telephonic interviews of candidates, co-ordinating meetings between the company and candidates, and maintaining records. The job does not require any special qualification or eligibility, although an HR course helps.
Find part time HR Recruiter jobs here
2. Accountant The proliferation of start-ups has led to a rise in the demand for part time accountants from new companies that can afford to work without a full time book-keeper. The job includes being involved in all aspects of accounts, like handling petty cash, co-ordination with banks and vendors, and assistance during annual audits.
Find part time Accountant jobs here
3. Customer Service If you are good with people, a customer service job might be perfect for you. From a troubleshooting role to acting as a sales representative at a wine boutique, these jobs are as varied as they come. Just choose a sector that interests you and apply!
Find part time Customer Service jobs here
4. Sales Consultant Sales is another field where good communication skills can help you go a long way. Many companies employ part time salespeople or tele-callers to develop their customer base. A number of these jobs are home-based, making them an attractive proposition for people who can’t attend regular office because of family or other issues.
Find part time Sales Consultant jobs here
5. Home Tutor Providing home tuition to school- and college-going students is a relatively simple way of making decent money. Good home tutors coaching children of high net worth individuals can make up to a few lakhs per month from the job. Having the right academic qualifications is necessary to build a reputation as a credible home tutor.
6. Content Writer/Editor If you have a flair for writing, a part time content writing or editing job could be a great option. The job may include technical writing, writing marketing material for companies, contributing to updates on social media, and keeping the company website updated.
Find Content Writing jobs here
7. Waiter For many college students, waiting tables at fast-food restaurants is a common way to finance their stay in the big city. With decent salaries and the added benefit of earning through tips, these jobs are ideal for students as they offer a choice of shifts that can be adjusted according to class timings.
8. Web Designer Many young and rising companies are on the lookout for part-time web designers. The job, which requires knowledge of graphic design and software programming, entails creating the look and layout of a website, apart from maintenance and updating the site.
9. Mystery Shopper Love to shop? Why not do your favourite activity and get paid for it too? Mystery Shoppers visit stores as customers and report back to the company on the quality of customer service, product quality, and overall ambience of the store. They are employed by product manufacturers, department stores, retailers and restaurants, among others.
10. Career Counsellor With students becoming increasingly career conscious, career counsellors are in great demand. Many career counselling companies employ part-timers whose job includes administering psychological tests to candidates, counselling candidates considering a career change, advising students on career options, etc. New recruits usually undergo a short career counselling course.
Part time jobs can provide a steady source of income while offering a healthy work-life balance.
You may also like: