10 .NET Questions most likely to be asked in an interview
When it comes to preparing for tech interviews, it can be quite an ordeal for most. However, if you focus on the fundamentals of your job profile, your interview will be a breeze. All you have to do is face the interview with poise and self-assurance, so you can leave an indelible mark on the mind of the interviewer.
Here are 10 most commonly asked .NET interview questions that can help you land a job.
Question 1: What is .NET?
.NET has been developed by Microsoft and runs on Windows. It is a software framework that helps develop various kinds of software. Over time, it has caught the attention of several tech honchos and is one of the most commonly used frameworks all over the world.
Question 2: Can you point out some of the inherent advantages of .NET?
• It is an object-oriented framework that not only helps you design but also controls your apps.
• It is quite easy to learn and use.
• A large amount of time spent on coding is saved by using .NET.
• The functions are quite simple and to the point. Common tasks can be performed without trouble using .NET.
Question 3: Can you distinguish between a base class as well as a derived class?
Essentially, the class from which the rest of the classes can derive their basic functionality is called base class. On the contrary, the derived class obtains its functionality from the base class itself.
Question 4: What do you understand by inheritance?
Inheritance, simply speaking, denotes the relation of two classes wherein a particular class obtains its functionality from another and then the same is extended by it by inculcating newer fields, constants and properties.
Question 5: How many types of inheritance are there in .NET?
Well, there are two types of inheritance that .NET supports. They are: interface inheritance as well as implementation inheritance.
Question 6: What according to you is business logic?
In my personal experience, I understand business logic to be a functionality that is used to exchange vital data and information between a user interface and database.
Question 7: Can you tell us what design patterns are?
Design patterns are nothing but common clarifications to design difficulties.
You may also like: Managing anger at workplace and how to keep your cool
Question 8: Cite some disadvantages of .NET.
I have worked quite extensively on the .NET platform. From my familiarity with the framework, I feel .NET suffers from the following limitations:
- Migration of apps to the framework can cost quite an amount at times.
- It is not supported by multiple platform support.
- It is quite slower than the native code.
- Moreover, you can also quote your experience of finding limitations with .NET.
Question 9: What do you mean by GAC?
GAC or Global Assembly Cache allows the .NET platform to share libraries. It is helpful in solving problems with respect to Dynamic Link Libraries.
Question 10: What exactly is instrumentation?
Instrumentation can be defined as the monitoring of an application so that the performance and progress can be reported easily.
Apart from these questions, you can also have a look at other common .NET questions that might help you in your interview.
1. What do you understand by code review?
2. What is logging?
3. What according to you is ClickOnce?
4. Tell us something about Single Document Interface.
5. What do you know about shared assembly?
6. Cite the difference between custom controls and user controls.
7. What do you understand by digital signature?
8. Can you tell us about garbage collection?
9. What is Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions?
10. What according to you is the difference between stack and heap?
Looking for .Net Jobs in top cities? Click at the links below:
• .Net Jobs in Bangalore
• .Net Jobs in Mumbai
• .Net Jobs in Chennai
• .Net Jobs in Hyderabad
• .Net Jobs in Pune