The key to succeeding in a tech interview is your homework. Whether it’s your domain or what the company is looking for, you are required to be thorough. It is essentially all about being prepared with the vital concepts of the software or tech tool in question to answer all questions precisely and without beating around the bush.
In this article, we have compiled a list of 10 commonly asked Informatica questions that you can go through and prepare for your interview.
1. What do you understand by Informatica?
Informatica is an ETL tool, i.e., it is an extraction, transformation, and loading tool. This tool is used in constructing enterprise data warehouses. Informatica was founded in the year 1993 as a software development entity.
2. What is a domain?
Domain helps in improving data management. It is a situation when all nodes and relations related to each other are covered by a single organizational point.
3. Tell us the number of repositories that you can create in Informatica.
There is no specific number. The number of repositories entirely depends on the number of ports.
4. What do you understand by sessions?
A session can be defined as a teaching set that is required to be applied in order to transform data from a source to a target.
5. Tell us about Aggregator Transformation.
Using the aggregator transformation, you can perform aggregate calculations such as finding out averages and totals.
6. What is role playing dimension?
Dimensions that are used in order to play different or diversified roles while being in the same database are known as role playing dimensions.
7. Tell us about the kinds of metadata.
The different types of metadata are - target definition, mapplet, mappings, transformation and source definition.
8. What do you know about mapplet?
Mapplet is a recyclable object. It allows a person to use the transformation logic again and again in multitude mappings. Apart from that, it also holds a set of transformations as well.
9. What is a session task?
Session task can be defined as an instruction set that tells the Power Centre as to when and how to transfer the data from a source to a target.
10. What do you understand by work flow?
Work flow can be defined as a set of instructions that tells the server about the procedure to implement certain tasks.
Apart from these questions, you can also glance at some other Informatica questions that will help you understand the software better.
• What do you know about predefined event? • What are the advantages of Informatica? • Tell us something about worklet. • What is the primary usage of target designer? • What do you understand by target load order? • What do you understand by Joiner transformation? • How can you use the Union transformation? • Can you tell us the uses of an aggregator cache file? • Tell us something about complex mapping. • Cite the difference between mapping parameter as well as mapping variable.
We suggest that you go study the list of questions a couple of times so that you can retain them during your tech interview.
Informatica is one of the most widely used data software all over the world. It would, therefore, serve in your best interest if you stay well versed with the latest happenings of this software. And gather as much knowledge as you can.
Looking for Informatica Jobs in top cities? Click at the links below:
• Informatica Jobs in Bangalore• Informatica Jobs in Mumbai• Informatica Jobs in Pune• Informatica Jobs in Hyderabad• Informatica Jobs in Chennai