Safe Job Search
A SmartJob Search is a SafeJob Search
Beware of the false job postings that get listed online from time to time and ask for your personal information illegally.
and may also be a criminal violation of the federal and/or state law.
Monster is dedicatedly working towards stopping this abuse and providing you the safest possible environment to search & apply to jobs and manage your career.
- Here are some important tips to use when dealing with prospective employers
- Do not give your confidential details unless you are sure that the other party is who they claim to be. For example, you could ask them
for a call-back number to use for verification purposes
- Be careful when sharing credit card or bank information, or engaging in any monetary transactions. Be sure to verify the legitimacy
of the employer with whom you are interacting
- Do not provide any non-work-related personal information (e.g., Social Security Number, eye color, marital status, etc.) over the phone or online
- Be cautious when dealing with contacts outside your own country
- Be wary of emails that offer an opportunity that involves acting as a go-between for money transfers. Disregard the email and
DO NOT follow through with the employment offer being made
If you see a questionable Job Posting or any potential misuse of the Monster site or its brand, please report the suspected fraud to Monster
If you think you have been a victim of fraud, immediately report the committed fraud to your local police and contact
, so that steps can be taken for your safety