Required Skills and Experience:
• HIGH PROFICIENCY using Appium and core Java to automate native, hybrid apps on both iOS & Android platforms [PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CANNOT DEMONSTRATE THIS LEVEL OF EXPERTISE]
• 3+ years of experience in software quality assurance.
• 3+ years of experience in using core Java for automation scripting.
• 1+ years as a technical lead responsible for other automation engineers.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Experience with continuous integration systems.
• Responsible, team-oriented, self-starter, proactive with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or a related field
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience with the following tools and technologies:
Maven, TestNG, RestAssured, Jackson, Cucumber or jBehave, Java 8, Appium, Selenium, Jenkins
• Experience automating Web Service/API testing
• Experience with an Agile/SCRUM development methodology
• Understanding of Continuous Delivery/Deployment processes
• Experience with AWS such as EC2, as well as familiarity with working in Linux
• Experience in a customer support or customer success role
• Software Development experience
Responsibilities & day-to-day activities:
• Serve as technical lead for a pod of Automation SDETs located in the same office, providing continuous technical training while also serving as a technical escalation point.
• Report technical status on all customer projects lead by the pod.
• Architect automation solutions by consulting with customers to meet their in-house automation requirements.
• Team up with Applause Project Managers on multiple projects, leveraging a team of SDETs to build, deploy, and maintain web, mobile web and and mobile app test automation projects.
• Manage CI infrastructure to execute and debug tests.
• Automate test cases using our Java-based Core Automation Framework.
• Design, develop and extend our internal automation tools & libraries.
• Perform root cause analysis for issues uncovered by test results.
• Perform peer code reviews of automated tests.
• Provide technical feedback to product management and development.