Sr.MANAGER - WATER
• Civil, Environmental, Water or Public Health Engineer / Professional, preferably with a Masters degree from a reputed University.
• Extensive (10 / 15 / 20 years) broad experience in Urban Development in any of the organizations like Non-profit, Government, Research, Multilateral agencies, or Private Engineering firms.
• Experience in the areas of urban water and sewerage, urban infrastructure planning and development, environmental planning and management required.
Job Functions will include:
• The Senior Manager will have the responsibility to lead and coordinate a diverse team of professionals / partners to deliver the IUWM project.
• The Senior Manager will report to the Director and head a team to define, plan and implement the project.
• The following are the roles and responsibilities for this position.
• Perform high level program Management of complex set of highly interdependent set of activities with all the partners who include Local bodies, Community, Academic & Research institutions, NGOs, Government agencies and Vendors.
• Drive decision making based on in depth knowledge of the IUWM project and the water / sanitation domain.
• Create strong communication mechanisms to ensure that everyone is in sync. Must articulate the IUWM strategy and plan effectively both internally and externally.
• Responsible for Project and people management to ensure timely delivery of outputs, manage risks, increase productivity, and proactively identify potential problems and drive solutions.
• Proven track record of strong program and project management, people management and coordination skills.
• Technical background in the water or environmental space in urban settings. Relevant knowledge/background in Science or Engineering required.
• Demonstrated ability in Clarity in thinking; ability to conceptualize, analyse and breakdown complex problems
• Given the cutting edge nature of the project, strong ability to work with incomplete data and handle experimental nature of work.
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with several internal & external teams.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills with exercising good judgement.
• Having a proven track record delivering innovations to projects.
• An open enquiring mind, excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to coordinate with teams of different backgrounds and levels of skill.
• An understanding of development issues in India preferably based on a sense of the political economy of the country.
• A strong intellectual and personal commitment towards social justice and the place of women in society.
• The candidate must share the teams passion to make a difference and give back to society, with this as the prime motivation to consider the Company.
Salary: As Per Industry Standards.
Job Location: Bangalore / Bengaluru
HITECH PLACEMENTS, Bangalore.