1. State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
This position is responsible for helping meet functional and corporate objectives through providing HR Business Partnership to groups at SCM Services and EIMG. And support respective teams for establishing and maintaining positive employee relationships, organizational effectiveness, talent acquisition and management, compensation, training, and broader HR initiatives and HR programs aligned with short and long-term business objectives. The person in this position will also be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee communications, and/or meetings.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
2. List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results), which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
• Serve as business partner to assigned groups to align HR programs and initiatives with business objectives.
• Understand SCM Strategy and lead human resources initiatives related to organizational change ensuring that HR plans are aligned with business goals. Implement effective and robust change management and communication plans for all key stakeholders.
• Partner with leaders to assess talent needs. Champion talent acquisition; ensure that positions are filled quickly with the best talent, working closely with corporate staffing centers.
• Drive pro-active recruiting and talent strategies, including but not limited to external partnerships, university relation strategies, and brand recognition initiatives.
• Develop, execute and support comprehensive retention strategies, through progressive HR practices, competitive compensation and market analysis.
• Drive HR functional excellence through deployment of Eaton programs, ensuring quality of process and content alignment with the Eaton Business System.
• Develop and track key HR metrics in accordance with SCM Services key business objectives, identify actionable trends. Benchmark industry and local best practices.
• Drive positive employee relations to provide an optimal work environment for all employees working in different shifts. Effectively deploy development and application of policies, practices and programs that drive employee involvement and ownership. Provide leadership guidance and mentoring. Develop and implement solutions to organizational challenges by leading/coaching others through change. Effectively deploy communication plans and utilize assessment tools (e.g. the employee survey) to determine organizational issues and action plans. Exemplify and lead Eaton values, philosophy and ethics.
• Ensure compliance of human resources activities with applicable laws, regulations and company policies.
• Partner with local and remote peers including HR Business Partners , TAC , EU, HRS team and HR site leads to work collaboratively, share best practices, leverage projects and learnings, and drive consistency in programs, practices, and communications where appropriate.
• Foster a culture where ownership of health and safety is embraced by all employees.
• Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s ethics, goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement. Promote participation in Employee Engagement, Wellness and CSR Initiatives within the organization.
• Maintains employee connect through various channel as Serves as a " Voice of the Employees"
• Deliver on other projects as assigned based on business needs.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• Master’s degree in Human Resources from an accredited educational institution
• 5-7 years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of employment laws
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good presentation skills; ability to listen
• Strong Time Management and Prioritization Skills
• Passionate for working with people and their issues.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.