1. Train colleagues and subordinates in specific areas of work.
2. Review individual performances of his juniors and take corrective steps by way of motivating and
bringing resources up to speed.
3. Regular interaction through emails, telephonic calls or personal meetings with clients, their
employees, their vendors, their bankers, their consultants and auditors.
4. Preparing / Updating SOP and related files / records on timely basis.
5. Maintaining Data Back up, confidentiality and Security
6. Verify the work carried out by Junior in the areas of accounting and financial statements, including
entries in software packages. Reviews would include accuracy of information and calculations,
apart from timeliness of completion.
7. Assisting in accounting for periodic accruals – quarterly / six monthly / annual
8. Advising on any accounting entries or issues to his Junior
9. Review of monthly closing of books for MIS Reporting and taking care to see adequate provisions
have been made.
10. Close books at year end, taking care to see adequate provisions have been made.
11. After the year end and all the compliances are met (i.e. after audit and tax filings), ensure safe
keeping of accounting records, documents, vouchers, files, etc.
12. Advising and ensuring all applicable reconciliations are timely carried out by his Junior which
would include items like Cash, Bank, Stock, Inter-company, Asset, Vendor (Party) Account, etc.
13. Maintaining confidential information like password, token, etc. provided by bankers for online
banking for checking bank statements, preparation of NEFT / RTGS facilities.
14. Ensuring client policies are met and requisite approvals are received before making any
15. Ensuring sufficient treasury position and bank balance is maintained and timely informing client
on cash flow position and sending forecasts.
16. Verify, authorize and timely disbursement of all payments including NEFT / RTGS payment file
prepared by team
17. Review of foreign remittances (A1 and A2) documents prepared by Junior
18. Ensure salary information is kept confidential within the team
19. Coordinating with Client’s HR team for obtaining Payroll inputs, instructions and requisite
approvals before disbursements.
20. Verifying and checking Payroll Register, Payslips, Cheques / Letter for disbursement, etc.
prepared by Junior
21. Ensure proper deductions on account of Income Tax, PF, PT, etc are made while processing
22. Ensuring Payroll related records, registers, etc. are properly maintained.
23. Coordinating with Employees and resolving their concerns
24. Prepare periodic reports on monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual basis as per client
requirements (with assistance of Junior, if required)
25. Assist Client in preparing Budgets
26. Timely submission of MIS Reporting
27. Verifying summary / statement prepared by Junior and authorizing monthly payment of tax liability
under applicable laws (like IT, TDS, ST, PF, VAT, PT, etc)
28. Verifying details and periodic returns under applicable laws and ensuring timely filings
29. Verifying TDS certificates and CA certificates for foreign remittances
30. Verifying details and submissions prepared for assessments / department enquiry, replying to
31. Represent before assessing authorities for expeditious and timely completion of assessments.
32. Preparation of audit documents including notes to accounts, directors' reports, etc.
33. Co-ordination for audit requirements including finalising procedures for audit
34. Preparing details of tax audits, transfer pricing audits
35. Conduct internal audits, as required
Corporate Law and Secretarial Matters:
36. Drafting or Co-ordinating with lawyers / colleague for resolutions, minutes of meetings, filing of
Competencies 1. Attention to detail and accuracy
2. Planning and organising
3. Strong Communication skills (phone and emails)
4. Ability to function as a team player
5. Keen desire to lead teams
6. Ownership of issues
7. Stress tolerance
9. Timely delivery
Walkin for you