Details of Responsibilities / Purpose of Job:
The prospective candidate will be part of a team supporting Regulatory Accounting & Reporting, a division of Regulatory Finance with the following responsibilities:
1)Prepare and review Quarterly and Annual Statutory Financial Statements, including the balance sheets, income statements, changes in capital and surplus, and statements of cash flow for 2 Legal entities
2) Prepare and review analytical reports and findings
3) Prepare multiple, complex quarterly and annual statutory filings, supplemental filings related to Health Care Reform, other state supplemental filings, as well as annual audited financial statements.
4)Prepare and record journal entries in accordance with SAP and Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) requirements.
5) Additional responsibilities for this position include, but not limited to:
Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits and provide support for
Department of Insurance inquiries and examinations
Review the work of others and monitor compliance with key controls and standard accounting and reporting practices and procedures
Solve complex problems and/or conduct complex analyses, including non-standard requests
Participate on project teams outside of active reporting periods to respond to changing technical requirements, new reporting needs, and suggestions for improved team performance.
Serve as a leader/ mentor.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual Statutory financial statements for 2 regulated entities, including checklists and underlying workpapers
- Prepare and review journal entries and analytic reports
- Coordinate the external and internal audits of the regulated entities, and work closely with the department that oversees the Department of Insurance inquiries and examinations. Audit coordinator responsibilities include approving audit documentation, issue resolution and time management
- Manage communications and Board reports for regulated entity officers and directors and the audit committee
- Monitor compliance with key controls, department policies, and the standard accounting, reporting practices & procedures
- Lead initiatives on working groups to develop and implement innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency & effectiveness
- Develop and engage a team, with direct and indirect reporting relationships, through mentoring and coaching.
- Interface with business contacts for questions / issues on quarterly filings
- Liaison / Oversee the liaison with Business Partners / Controllership (analytic findings, special requests, data issues)
- Communicate with legal entity team members and directors as required as well as in 1:1 meetings
- Exposure to transitioning US Insurance Financial Reporting
- Thorough understanding of Accounting, General Ledger and chartfield attributes
- Ability to manage medium to large legal entity under extremely tight deadlines and should be able to handle challenges with his/her managerial abilities on day to day activities
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Interpersonal skills, mentoring ability and ability to motivate team at all stages and achieve expected results
- Attention to details and accuracy with analytical bent
- Deliver Quality Results
- Intermediate level of proficiency with software tools (Ex: Microsoft Excel, Word, PeopleSoft, Hyperion Essbase/Smart View, PDF etc.)
CA/CPA/CMA/ACCA or equivalentcertification mandatory with at least 6-8 years of post-qualification experience
Public accounting/auditing experience
Experience with Hyperion Essbase/Smart View and PeopleSoft Financials
Health care experience
Accounting experience handling regulated entities Monthly / quarterly financial accounting and reporting
Shift: UK shift (2.30 PM IST to 12 AM IST). Peak filing season (Jan May) would involve stretch.