Informatica Data Security Group (DSG) is a product development team who focus on development of Industry Leading Data Security Products. The products help customers to discover and protect sensitive data across the enterprise. See the URL for additional details: https://www.informatica.com/products/data-security.html
As a Lead Software engineer, you are expected to own and drive one or more sub systems and play a key role in the architectural definition, implementation decisions, on time product delivery and drive customer success through R&D level support and related engagements.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an independent, resourceful product engineer with advanced problem-solving skills, high degree of competency in building enterprise software products and enjoy working in fast paced engineering environment. You are passionate and experienced in building server infrastructure with life cycle management, clustering, load balancing, scalability, traceability features.
• As part of the development team, you are responsible to develop product features and harden the existing components.
• Provide technical leadership and cross-team coordination in identifying design, implementation issues and propose solutions.
• Work with the QA team in developing test plans for all features and fixes.
• Produce work estimates as requested; refine estimate skills over time to ensure accurate forecasting for software product delivery dates.
• Utilize analytical skills in determining the root cause of problems, and demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements (such as urgent customer requests, etc.).
• Bachelor / Masters in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline from top tier engineering schools
• 6 or more years of professional software development experience in an object-oriented language.
• Proficiency in OOPS concepts and design patterns.
• Strong programming skills in C++ and expertise in multi-threaded development.
• Experience in query parsing.
• Experience of designing large enterprise systems.
• Experience developing server lifecycle, inter process interaction, load balancing, failover.
• Mastery in multi-threaded computing and high competency with the Java concurrency libraries.
• Strong experience in development tools and IDEs like Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, Perforce.
• Extensive experience in at least one of the following databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase
• Solid understanding of database theory, query processing, SQL.
• Good knowledge of working in a Unix environment (shell scripts, build systems) is a plus.
• Deep knowledge of core Java libraries and common design patterns.
• Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
• Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
• Energetic, motivated, self-starter with go-getter attitude.
• Ability to think creatively.
• Having Informatica Power Center knowledge is plus.