REPORTS TO: Support Services Manager/Process Improvement and Change Manager
BUSINESS UNIT: Information ServicesPOSITION PURPOSE
As an Infrastructure Support Officer you will work with local and Regional teams to maintain the integrity of the network and systems. You will be responsible for proactively managing and maintaining the central Infrastructure including (monitoring and capacity planning), perform troubleshooting across LAN/WAN and assisting in disaster recovery testing. You will have advanced technical knowledge inorder to support complex network environments. This is a hands-on role and will be required to have an extensive technical background in networking technologies and BAU server troubleshooting. The ideal candidate will be cross skilled in supporting and maintaining Infrastructure systems including Windows Server, VMware, SAN, desktop and Cloud PAAS, SAAS (AWS, Azure, Office365) environments.Key Performance Area Key Responsibility Measures
Incident & Request Management
• Resolution of Incidents and Fulfilment of Service Requests that require system changes or are escalated by other support groups
• Provide specialist support for various technical issues related to integration or business applications and co-ordinating with other Tier 3 Support teams and/or Third-Party Vendors.
• Provide workarounds upon service interruptions or major incidents (planned & unplanned). • Achievement of SLAs
• Positive customer feedback and minimal management escalations
• Audit and coaching results
Problem Management and Continuous Improvement
• Identify long-term issues (problems) vs production incidents by working with senior team members, development staff and other stakeholders.
• Track applications and integration issues and report periodically to group charged with monitoring uptime and efficiency of production application.
• Identify, track and monitor the progress of Problem tickets and assign to appropriate teams when necessary
• Analyse and provide recommendation to improve, create or eliminate process and/or procedures currently being used for application integrations. Incidents closed by problem
Systems Operations and Administration • Perform regular system health checks and monitoring system / integration processes.
• Efficiently implement and administer Windows Servers including Active Directory and Group policies System health and system events reported in a timely manner
Environment/ Configuration Management • Implement, manage and upgrade Hyper-V virtual environments
• Monitor, administer and upgrade data centres to ensure a stable platform is offered for stakeholders
• Undertake backup, recovery and Disaster Recovery planning and execution Environments maintained to required standards with minimal business impact
RTO and RPO objectives achieved
Project Delivery • Leading and managing infrastructure project initiatives such as Windows 10, Office 2016, Exchange Server and VEEAM upgrades autonomously Project Manager or Product Owners evaluation of contribution to delivery meets agreed targets
Documentation • Document system configurations and maintain and update documentation as needed. • Team peer review of documentation.
Knowledge Management • Contribute knowledge management articles to IS portal(s) for User and Technical Support Number of articles authored
Most viewed or most useful rating
Customer and Stakeholder Management • Respond promptly to any issues that directly impact the customers experience
• Work with a variety of users to gain information, and develop intra-system trade-offs between different users, as necessary; interact with a diverse client base and outside vendor contacts.
• Ensure a friendly, open, professional manner is maintained at all times. Client and stakeholder feedback feedback
• Actively develops and maintains strong relationships with key users and Information Services colleagues.
• Work closely with the other members of the Information Services team to deliver effective and efficient support and process improvement.
• Contribute to a well-balanced team by participating in team goals, involving others when necessary and covering other team responsibilities when required.
• Contribute to a fun, supportive and enjoyable working environment. Attendance and participation in meetings
Business Acumen • Demonstrate broad understanding of business.
• Constantly looking for opportunities to improve business performance through improvements to support processes.
• Recommend business decisions based on knowledge across and outside company of modern IS service management. • Appropriate assessment of business impacts of requests and incidents.
• Identifies opportunities to achieve efficiency gainsRELATIONSHIPS
Information Services Management team
Information Services Staff
Users worldwide Computer Hardware and Software Vendors
External ContractorsPERSON SPECIFICATIONEssential Requirements:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree and 3years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
• Tertiary Qualifications in Information Technology Management and/or minimum 3 years experience in Information Technology Infrastructure role(s)
• Willing to work a 24x7 rotational shift and on call as required.
• Highly developed Information Technology skills and knowledge, including, but not limited to:
o Enterprise-class server hardware management
o Microsoft Enterprise solutions (Windows Server environments)
o Enterprise Storage Management (SAN, NAS, Backup and archiving solutions)
o Networking Technologies (Global Network Management)
o Service Virtualisation Technologies
o Active Directory, Office365, ADFS,
o Cloud technologies including Azure and Amazon
• Sound understanding and practical knowledge of ITIL practices.
• Experience with Exchange Office 365 and other telephony / video conference software / devices
• Experience in detailed technical analysis and implement design solutions to meet end user requirements
• Experience in IT security, databases, hardware
• Relevant IT Architecture experience
• Engaging with third party suppliers to manage various technology operations and infrastructure projects
• Highly effective written and oral communication skills
• Ability to influence and negotiate to achieve the desired outcome effectively with stakeholders at all levels
• Ability to work effectively within a small team environment
Desirable Requirements: • Experience with the design and implementation of service monitoring methods and tools (such as PRTG)
• Certifications, MCSE, CCNA, MCP, VMWare Azure, AWS
• ITIL Foundation certification (or above)