An exciting opportunity for an operational leader and change agent to make a difference, joining the passionate management team of one of the leading market entry firms in India as a leader and catalyst in operational excellence.
The Company is home to more than fifty leading educational institutions from around the world including a number of worlds top ten. The range of education sector clients we have investigated the Indian market for in the past include a host of leading Higher Education institutions from around the world, a consortium of UK Further Education colleges, VET institutes of Australia, government bodies, etc.
The team is actively involved in primary research building reports for internal use and for presentations at leading international fora. These exercises help us remain up-to-date in a demanding and dynamic market such as India. It also helps us prepare for the most demanding research requests from our international customers and discover opportunities for them.Our research and partnership specific offering includes
Job Role/Job Description
- Be-spoke market research as per customers need
- One-to-one meetings and consultation for market overview
- Market and competitor intelligence
- Define partner fit and shortlist prospective partners
- Produce sector specific research papers, trends and projections
As this company continues to grow, a relentless focus on customer service, efficiency, discipline and planning ahead of growth is going to be critical for the business achieving its ambitious plans. The Head of Education Research will lead and oversee the research function and supervise the education research staff. The post holder will establish research processes, evaluate research tools and guide the staff on effectively addressing research problems and will be the custodian of the final output of the team. It is expected that the post holder will help establish a network of associates with relevant skills to be drawn into projects as and when required. The Head of Education Research is expected to present the findings to the clients and support the business lead in articulating the rationale and the way forward. This role is critical to the overall growth plans of the organization.
At the disposal of the incumbent is a team of researchers and a key role will be to help the team prioritise tasks to adhere to the timelines assigned to multiple projects. The incumbent should be comfortable working independently and should have the experience of managing teams of researchers and designing effective work flows.
The incumbent will be required to exercise extreme caution and discretion as s/he may have to handle commercially or otherwise sensitive data as part of outreach exercises. Some clients we serve may be potential competitors with each other.
The post holder will have the responsibility of conceiving original research pieces that will position the organization as a thought leader.
- Supervise the education research team
- Project manage research mandates
- Effectively interface with key constituents to formulate plans, determine what data/information to gather, and customise research projects to meet their needs.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with co-workers and management.
- Manage multiple projects with multiple stakeholders across the organization, meeting deadlines and objectives
- Quality control and audit of the output
Specific Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree qualification in Marketing/Research/ Business/ Commerce/ Mathematics/sciences
- Proficiency in conceptualizing and developing methodologies and tools of research
- Strong analytical skills, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects concurrently and deliver high quality results.
- Detail orientation
- Familiarity with statistical analysis tools
- Advance level computer skills particularly all MS Office Suite of applications
- Excellent Customer Relationship Management skills as the role entails communicating (in person, phone or email) with senior stakeholders in education institutions and large organisations.
- Ten years+ work experience in market research industry
- Ability to lead a team and develop junior staff
- Proven track record of project and team management
- Pro-active and persistent approach to ensure on-time delivery
- Ability to effectively work in challenging situations sometimes alone and stick to deadlines.
- Research Skills [Very Experienced]
- Verbal Communication & Writing Skills [Very Experienced]
- Presentation Skills [Very Experienced]
- Analytical & Logical Skills [Very Experienced]
- Computer Skills [Very Experienced]
- Internet Skills [Very Experienced]
- Work Management Skills [Very Experienced]
- Negotiation Skills [Experienced]
- Statistical Research Packages [Very Experienced]