Designation- Data Analyst
Education = Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in management, finance, science or economics
Experience = 3 + years of experience
Shift = Afternoon / General shift (1:00 pm to 10.00 pm)Responsibilities:
- Able to analyze huge data and identify any functional gaps (based on data quality exceptions generated through
Informatica Data quality tool) relating to Banking domains i.e. Capital Markets, Corporate Banking, Finance, Risk etc.
- Perform root cause analysis on these functional gaps, conduct / organize sessions with SME’s to discuss / brainstorm these gaps and present these functional gaps in a summarized manner to Domain SME’s
- Work extensively with the Issue Management & Remediation team on identified data quality and reconciliation issues.
- Coordinate with techno functional team in explaining them the logic based on which the data for specific domain needs to be extracted from Oracle.
- Explain the functional gaps to techno functional team so that they can incorporate those checks in their SQL queries.
- Perform reconciliation on month end data Vs tactical adjustments and generate variance analysis.
- Develop test cases aimed at validating development for a given functional requirement and record them in the official test management platform.
- Partner with data domain owners to develop new functional logics in existing SQL queries; which will enhance and support the goal of quality data being used for reporting purposes.
- Produce and distribute daily/weekly team Status reports and contribute to project status reporting depending on the undertaking at hand
- Create SOP’s, perform knowledge transfer and cross training for proper backup in team
1. Functional: -
- Have conceptual understanding of all or any of the domains like Risk, Finance, Global Markets, Securities Referential, Counterparty Referential, Corporate Banking, Corporate Banking etc.
- Good understanding of financial products like equities, bonds, derivatives etc.
- Able to summarize critical issues in commentary format along with charts, bar or pie diagrams and able to generate status report for senior and executive management group.
- Identify risk in process and propose / implement controls.
- Able to work in Individual contributor role.
- Able to identify bandwidth / capacity utilization of team and accordingly prioritize the daily BAU and update stake holders on daily capacity of whole DQ team.
- Able to work with large data in excel and suggest process enhancement ideas.
- Knowledge of advanced formulas & pivot tables in excel is must.
- Presenting data in PowerPoint.
Good to have Skills:
- Able to understand Regulatory initiatives like – Basel II, Basel III, Dodd Frank and CCAR.
- Have a good understanding of the data flows and propose DQ rules for key data elements along the data journey i.e. from source system to reporting
- Create BRD, impact assessments, functional specifications, flow charts, Root cause analysis and other diagnostic
- Able to write moderate level SQL queries in Oracle without any assistance.
- Experience in one or many of these data quality tools and reporting tools/applications; Informatica, HP QC/ALM, Collibra, OBIEE, Tableau, OFSAA, Intellimatch etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications; MS Project, MS Visio, MS Access.
- Bachelor’s Degree, CA, MBA Finance or US / India CFA, or BE, along with 3 + years of experience in any of the
- Business Analysis in a financial institution.
- Data management area related to corporate banking or capital markets or both.
Soft Skills/Personal Attributes:
- A self-starter who can take the process a level ahead and have the ability to think out of the box, suggest changes and challenge status quo.
- Ask questions and understand the larger picture for the tasks assigned.
- Display a sense of curiosity, enthusiasm and eagerness to understand business constraints, environment and impact on regulation for the financial industry.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent organization, analytical and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible to work extended hours or weekend working.
- Ability to work independently and become an effective team member.