The IT Infrastructure Cloud/Solutions Architect is responsible for designing the infrastructure (Hardware and Software) required to satisfy the non-functional (sizing, availability, and performance) requirements for business applications that will be deployed in UnitedHealth Group's server farms. This individual will work closely with internal Application Architects during Requirements and Solutions Analysis and Application Development teams during Solutions Design to understand how an application functions and the software products required in supporting it. Once a design has been completed; the Sr. IT Infrastructure Solutions Architect will also generate the provisioning artifacts required to support the operational teams in building and supporting the solutions they have designed. This is a dual role of ensuring architectural integrity and compliance, while at the same time working with Operations to continuously improve availability, serviceability and efficiency of our solutions.
• Will be involved to assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
• Involved in solving moderately complex problems and/or conduct moderately complex analysis
• Should be able to provide oversight of conceptual designs to ensure alignment with enterprise architecture governance (e.g., principles, policies, standards, future-state reference architectures)
• Ability to provide application-level architecture and closely work with enterprise architects/solution architects in solution implementation
• Perform technical risk assessments and develop contingency plans to insure situational and application availability requirements are met.
• Ensure architectural integrity and compliance with our hardware and software infrastructure standards.
• Work with the technical leads on Service Delivery teams to communicate technical designs and resolve implementation details for all network, server, storage and software components.
• Work with Operations to drive continuous improvement in availability, serviceability and efficiency.
• Involvement in knowledge transition, Coach, provide feedback and guide others
• You will maintain knowledge of current domains and strategic roadmaps
• Should identify/quantify scope and impact of business changes on systems
• Should be able to incorporate software and system architecture into conceptual designs
• Maintain awareness of current technology assets, and the applicability and capability of each
• You will be responsible for maintaining awareness of current business and industry issues/trends and incorporate into enterprise architecture designs as appropriate
• You will be responsible to determine the quantity and of Web, App. Database, and other system servers necessary to satisfy an applications non-functional requirements
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
Basic Qualifications/Desired Skills
• Educational Qualifications: B.Tech / MCA / Graduation (Minimum 16 years of formal education, Correspondence courses are not relevant).
• Minimum 10 years overall IT experience
• Minimum 5 years of focused experience in an infrastructure discipline/ Technology Architecture Analysis
• Must be very strong in Azure or OpenShift or AWS, Cloud formation. Should be working in architect role currently.
• Preferably hands-on technical experience in implementing enterprise applications using cloud platforms (AZURE or Open Shift or AWS) and technologies (Docker, Kubernet, Angular Js/NodeJS..)
• Able to build AZURE or Openshift or AWS architecture
• Strong experience in migrating large scale complex enterprise applications to Azure/OpenShift/AWS
• Involved in providing solutions for application migration from physical infrastructure to Cloud infrastructure specifically AZURE or Openshift or AWS.
• Experience in developing web solutions (applications and services) in the cloud (Azure or Openshift or AWS)
• Good experience in building API layer using micro services architecture
• Good hands-on full-stack development experience using mainstream technologies like Java/J2EE, .Net, MySQL/Oracle
• Working knowledge of Agile Scrum development methodology across multiple locations
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience of handling of Security Domain applications is preferred
• Experience of working on DevOps and related toolsets.
• Exposure to address Security & Performance Issues.
• Understanding of enterprise application architecture design patterns and how they translate into infrastructure deployments
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access), Visio
• Health care industry experience
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Positions in this function are involved in the development, communication and implementation of the organization's technology architecture and applications plan, including the components required to support it and in the integration of corporate and business architectures and applications. Includes all types of IT business architects as well as IT technical architects.
- Reviews the work of others.
- Develops innovative approaches.
- Sought out as expert.
- Serves as a leader/ mentor.