The role of Deputy Project Manager in the India Payroll team is to ensure that the assigned team delivers the promised service to its clients by following the agreed procedures. The DPM is responsible for ensuring process compliance across his team. He is responsible for providing domain as well as product (Third Party and TopSource Products) expertise to his clients and to his team. He is responsible for identifying essential training requirements for his team. He is also responsible for suggesting improvements to existing processes and assisting the Project Manager in transitioning new projects into his team. He is also expected to identify automation opportunities for the processes handled by his team
The Deputy Project Manager reports into a Project Manager.
Some of the activities that the Deputy Project Manager will have responsibility for are:
• To check the SLA agreed with client are followed on daily basis
• Ensure proper work allocation in the team with optimum utilization of each resource.
• Keep track on team to check whether payrolls are processed as per various statutory laws
• Should be a expert on third party products like Ascent Payroll
• Should be a subject matter expert on Income Tax and other statutory laws.
• Need to have knowledge of preparation of Etds returns and revision of Etds returns
• To have thorough knowledge of online return filing procedure of Provident Fund, ESI, PT etc.
• Continuously look out for opportunity for process improvements
• Keep process documentation up to date with latest amendments on Payroll
• Should be able to communicate with client on all payroll related matters
• Escalation of issue to reporting manager on immediate basis.
• Post – Graduate in commerce or MBA in Finance / HR
• 6 Years Experience, with at least 4 years in the payroll process
• Excellent attention to detail focused.
• Good communication Skills.
• Advance knowledge of MS-Excel.
• Work independently with minimum supervision.
• Good team player.
• Should have handled minimum 8-10 team members previously.
• Hardworking and ready to work extra hours to meet the project deadlines
• Should have good written and verbal skills.
• Motivated, self-starter individual with a can-do attitude.
• Ability to understand process SLA’s.
• Plan monitor and manage activities for self and can be a good team player.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Experience: Min: 6 years
Job Location : Pune
Salary : As per Market standard
What can I do when my salary history makes me really expensive in my current job market? I dont want to take a huge salary cut, but I am not having success interviewing.
Ironically, years of experience or having valuable expertise can sometimes put you in a tough spot and leave you feeling frustrated and discouraged. You cannot control where
Walkin for you