This role is in Accounts Receivable Process in a fast paced, high volume SSC environment that supports Eaton’s global business and operations that use SAP application for financial accounting and reporting. The position is responsible for cash applications, analyzing deductions, collections with a high degree of efficiency and quality for Eaton business units.
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
Ensure all cash applications are performed within agreed timescales and in line with agreed SLA’s
Ensure Plant requests and queries are dealt with in a prompt and comprehensive manner and in line with SLA’s
Support and deliver all agreed month end activities to ensure process governance and accuracy of results reported for all ISSC ledgers.
Reviews and monitors individual workload
Prepares monthly report-outs for team meetings to measure team performance
Month End Deadlines- Ensuring all month end activities are completed to deadlines in order to close AR Periodic transactions
Deductions – Analyzes deductions, works with collectors and customers to ensure deductions are correctly reported and accounted after ensuring compliance with company’s policies
Gathers data for potential process improvements
Ensure all netting transactions are completed within agreed timetable and intercompany statements are issued within given timescales
Cash on Account – Proactively liaises with collectors and customers to ensure cash on account is cleared on a timely manner
Reconciliations – Collaborates with Record to Report analyst to ensure open AR items in bank statement are correctly accounted
Process oriented – Ability to think in terms of process and improvement
Trains team member(s) on primary functions/processes
Perform query management/resolution/root cause mitigation on all AR queries and provide recommendations on how to mitigate future issues and improve overall customer service
Strong focus on internal controls and company’s accounting policies
Maintain positive relationships with customers, both internal & external. Ensure professional and appropriate communications.
Know and comply with Eaton policies: Global Ethics, Values and Philosophy, Management Environmental Safety and Security and Health (MESH).
Other activities assigned by supervisor or special requirements from management or company.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited institution required.
• 5-7 years of relevant experience in Accounts receivable domain
• BPO/Customer service industry experience essential, preferably captive shared service experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of AR processes and related financial processes.
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Basic data entry skills
• ERP knowledge preferably SAP
• Sound MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word) required
• Good Accounting knowledge
• Strong customer service orientation
• Structured approach to problem solving and issue resolution
• Ability to apply accounting system expertise to troubleshoot financial system problems, resolve customer issues and implement new solutions.
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Highly motivated self-starter who can work well in a team environment or independently.
• Adaptable to change.
• Demonstrates strong skills on following competencies: Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Intellectual Horsepower, Managerial Courage, Organizational Agility, Drive for Results.
• Position will require the candidate to work in a Nigh Shift (18:30 to 03:00 AM (early morning – next day)
• Shared Services experience.
• Must be flexible in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities.
• Work with a sense of urgency, high metrics driven, and high quality of work
• Ability to work effectively with other members in the team and with internal and external customers required (wherever required)
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.