Job DescriptionInvoice Processing and matching – 3/2 way matching of invoices to open Purchase Orders/ Contracts per SLA (Service Level Agreement) deadlines and ensuring sufficient controls for multi currency invoices processing Support Indexing activity in the Purchase to Pay cycle Processing and accounting of Non-PO invoices with ensuring correct coding of expenses, approval matrix Hold resolutions - Working with operations/ SCM in ensuring invoices holds due to be released are cleared on time for payment Managing Invoice Rejections – clearing queues on regular basis. Month End Deadlines- Ensuring all month end activities are completed to deadlines in order to close AP Periodic transactions Processing of Payment runs – Weekly, monthly and adhoc runs with high degree of accuracy Supplier Master File Maintenance and Creation – Addition, modification, deletion of suppliers Reviews and monitors individual workload Prepares monthly report-outs for team meetings to measure team performance Supplier Management and communication – Responsible for answering supplier queries on invoices, payments as well as reconciliation of supplier statements Strong focus on internal controls and company’s accounting policies Maintain positive relationships with customers, both internal & external. Ensure professional and appropriate communications. Process oriented – Ability to think in terms of process and improvement Trains team member(s) on primary functions/processes Perform query management/resolution/root cause mitigation on all AP queries and provide recommendations on how to mitigate future issues and improve overall customer service Gathers data for potential process improvements Know and comply with Eaton policies: Global Ethics, Values and Philosophy, Management Environmental Safety and Security and Health (MESH). Other activities assigned by supervisor or special requirements from management or company.
State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
This role is in Accounts Payable Process in a fast paced, high volume SSC environment that supports Eaton’s global business and operations that use SAP application for financial accounting and reporting. The position is responsible for preparing and processing invoices, indexing, payments, vendor master creation and maintenance, answering supplier queries, resolving customer queries etc. with a high degree of efficiency and quality for Eaton business units.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited institution required
• 5-7 years of relevant experience in Accounts payable domain
• BPO/Customer service industry experience essential, preferably captive shared service experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to identify the issue and propose a solution
• Good knowledge of internal controls especially SOX requirements
• Knowledge of AP processes and related financial processes.
• Ability to work within a team environment
• ERP knowledge preferably SAP
• Sound MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word) required
• Good Accounting knowledge
• Strong customer service orientation
• Structured approach to problem solving and issue resolution
• Ability to apply accounting system expertise to troubleshoot financial system problems, resolve customer issues and implement new solutions.
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Highly motivated self-starter who can work well in a team environment or independently.
• Adaptable to change.
• Demonstrates strong skills on following competencies: Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Intellectual Horsepower, Managerial Courage, Organizational Agility, Drive for Results.
• Position will require the candidate to work in a Night Shift (18:30 to 03:00 AM (early morning – next day)
• Shared Services experience.
• Must be flexible in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities.
• Work with a sense of urgency, high metrics driven, and high quality of work
• Ability to work effectively with other members in the team and with internal and external customers required (wherever required)
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.