Scientist - I (Statistics)
Indian Council of Medical Research
No. of Post: Two
1) 1st class M.A/M.Sc. (Mathematical Statistics/Biostatistics or related Discipline) with 2yr experience
2nd Class M.A/M.Sc. (Mathematical Statistics/Biostatistics or related Discipline) + PhD in Statistics or related Discipline with 1 yr experience in relevant subject
Age Limit: Age Limit:
Not exceeding 35 years. Relax-able up to 5 years for SC/ST/OBC candidates in accordance with the instruction issued by the department of Personnel and Training from time to time in this regard.
1) Doctorate in Statistics or relevant subject from a recognized University.
2) Additional Post Doctoral research/ 2YRS teaching experience in Statistics in recognized institute(s) AFTER OBTAINING ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION.
3) Strong Knowledge of use of Statistics tools.
4) Strong Knowledge of Statistical analysis on R
1) Work on research projects available with the centre
2) Providing data management and analysis services requested by the users of the Centre
3) Work on collaborative research projects initiated by the Exploratory Team
4) Providing technical support to the Exploratory Team (if required)
5) Providing consultancy/assistance to medical research groups on using genomics tools and techniques for their research
NOTE: PhD in relevant subject shall be treated equivalent to three years of experience. Candidates with PhD degree will be preferred.
Salary: Consolidate Salary of Rs. 48,000 + hra as per rules
Please apply on the format given in ICMR website highlighting experience in relevant area along with list of publications (ii) Documentary proof of Date of Birth (iii) Experience certificate from previous and current employer (iv) Scanned copy of signature(in JPEG format) and (v) scanned copy of passport size photograph ( in JPEG format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application must be submitted by 24th August, 2017 upto 1700 hrs. Submitted applications will be screened as per Essential qualification & Desirable qualification and shortlisted candidates will be invited through email/mobile for a written examination based on merit in the written examination,10 candidates will be invited for interview at ICMR Hqrs. The date and time of interview will be intimated through email.